Wednesday, March 7, 2012

    I made this blog for my school critical thinking class. I'm going to post about alot of things, hair, makeup, style, and also my school assignments. For my first post, I'm going to write about an assignment when I had to answer some questions after reading a quote by Henry Miller, so here is my assignment :
      
    "It's good to be just plain happy ; It's a little better to know that you're happy ; But to understand that you're happy and to know why and how... and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss."
   ~Henry Miller(1891-1980)American Writer

Think and Write :
     1.What is of value to this writer?
     2.Do you share the same values?
     3.At what points do his standards for happiness lie?
     4.At what points do your standards for happiness lie?

Response :
   
    Happiness is different for every person. Everyone has a point of view in which they view happiness. Henry Miller viewed it as if your happy, that is good, but if you know why you are happy, that is excellent. I think that if you are happy period, that is fantastic. You don't have to know why. If you have the feeling in your mind that you are happy, then you are happy, and that is all that matters. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if you are happy, then that's great, end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment